Friday, August 22, 2008

What the Sunrise Taught me


I have a very busy weekend ahead. Rachel's slumber party is tonight, we are going to a picnic tomorrow afternoon, friends are coming by tomorrow evening and family will be visiting on Sunday. Though i am looking forward to the times of fellowship with friends and family i am also intimidated by my "to do" list for the coming days. This morning as i was going over my mental checklist and pouring my heart out to God i noticed an orange glow coming from behind me. I turned to see the sun rising above the hill down the road from the house. Though it only took a couple of minutes to rise above the hill and the trees there was never a moment where it seemed rushed. My eyes were on the sun that whole time but before i knew it it was illuminating the sky. In this moment i was assured that the same caring Creator who orchestrates the sun's ascension in the morning also lovingly directs my steps throughout the days. That knowledge fills me with such peace as i once again review my to do list and anticipate the weekend ahead.

No comments: