Monday, September 8, 2008

Monday Reflection


Today is Monday...again. The day i look back on the previous week and ask myself what i need to do differently for the following week. Sometimes my list is brief, sometimes it can be quite exhaustive. Sometimes i follow through, sometimes i have to make the same mistakes again before i finally get my act together. Yes, Monday is my day of reflection. It is good to have this often because my memory can be so short at times, especially when it comes to an honest evaluation of myself. In my time of reflection, i try to look at every area of my life: Am i being the wife and mother i need to be? What kind of teacher have i been(in and out of the classroom)? Have i been a good friend? How much time am i spending with God and in His Word? How i answer those first three questions rely heavily on how i answer the fourth question. If i get a negative answer on that one then all my other answers are going to be negative as well. I wish i could say i am disciplined and faithful when it comes to spending time in His presence and studying the Bible but the truth is i am not. Too often i let the very things that He wants to help me with get in the way of that time. Things like busyness,stress and feelings of unworthiness distract me to the point that they consume every bit of me. I do not like the person i am away from God. I am weak,selfish,easily angered,fearful...the list goes on and it does not get any better. It is in my time with God that i am strengthened,encouraged and filled with peace. This list also continues and inspires me to get up in the morning even though my body is telling me to stay where it is nice and warm and where i might get a few more moments of sleep. My soul is needing rest and nourishment. As long as i am recieving that from my Heavenly Father i can face whatever comes my way throughout the day. Well, that has been my reflection for this Monday morning. Thanks for letting me share with you. Hope we all spend more time with God this week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job you are doing great im looking forward to your next post

Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit! I am looking forward to reading more of your posts. Have a wonderful day!

Christy said...

I love that photo!!! Love, Christy

charis said...

Rachel, i love you, Sweetie! Michelle, thank YOU for visiting my blog. It has been a real blessing to hear about you and to hear from you too. I will also be back to visit your blog again. Christy, thank you. It is another creek picture. The creek has been such a wellspring of inspiration for me! Hope to see you soon. Love, charis

Anonymous said...

Charis,

I'm praying that as you grieve, you will find comfort and restoration in our Father's arms.

love U!
I hope you will soon dance again!

charis said...

Anonymous, i wish i knew who to thank but you know who you are. Thank you so much for your sweet words of encouragement. I am sure of one thing: i love you too! charis