Thursday, July 14, 2011

One more day to go in this long, busy week. Tomorrow Rachel comes home and our family will return to "normal". Whatever "normal" is. Around here i believe it is only a setting on my washing machine and dryer. All i do know is that we have really missed Rachel this week and look forward to her being back home.
Her first day or two back will probably be spent catching up on rest and that is okay with us. She has been a very busy young lady. We are looking forward to hearing all about it.
From the pictures i have seen of Rachel this week, i can tell she has had a good time. My favorite picture shows her with one of the ladies from the nursing home where they visited the residents there. I teared up just telling my husband about it. In the picture, Rachel stands beside the woman and both are smiling as if to say, "This is my new, special friend.".
Maybe that sounds a little corny but that's just the way i see it. And maybe God's love for us is so great that to the world it seems corny. If that is the case, i don't mind being corny myself.
Well, that's all i have for now. I've got things i would like to get done before my sweet girl gets home tomorrow and that hour is ticking closer and closer...so i am off to finish my to-do list.
Good night.

No comments: