Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Homeschooling: The Thrill is Back!


This image of children having fun learning and enjoying the great outdoors is brought to you compliments of "My Father's World-Exploring Countries and Cultures". Since our first day of school last Monday(8-11) some interesting things have been taking place. The children and i are thoroughly enjoying homeschooling again! We try to start school every day at 8:00. No problem. They are ready and ASKING to start school at 7:30! Brogan and Reece were actually disappointed when we didn't have school over the weekend. Rachel enjoys reading and would rather help me with her brothers who are in Kindergarten and working through "My Father's World From A to Z"than play the Wii. She now says she wants to be a teacher. The little ones are so excited to be learning the days of creation,numbers and the alphabet. The older two are fascinated by geography,science and learning about different countries and cultures. I am feeling much smarter myself! As their teacher i am relearning so much of what i have forgotten over the years. "My Father's World" has also sparked everyone's creativity, including my own. We have music and art three days a week because creativity is very much encouraged in this curriculum. Every Wednesday we enjoy a Nature Walk and that is what we are doing in this picture. This was our first one, we are eagerly awaiting tomorrow's walk when we will start our leaf and bark collection. To say that i am thoroughy impressed with MFW would be an undersatement. This is the curriculum i have so desperately seeking since we started homeschooling 4 years ago. I am so grateful a friend told me about "My Father's World" and thank God for this wonderful opportunity to teach my children in what is turning out be a great adventure! Stay tuned readers, there will be more to share in the days and weeks ahead...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am having so much fun in school!and i can not wait till the nature walk today so we to start right about now!
Rachel Winfrey

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I found your Blog thru Yahoo groups MFW group. I'm starting MFW ECC this year.

I love your name, that's my dd's name, too, only she spells it "KARIS".

~T

charis said...

Rachel, not only are you enjoying school you are doing a great job as well and you are helping me so much in the process! Thank you. Love, Mama

charis said...

T-Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I'd love to hear how you and your family like MFW. It really has been a blessing for us. Hope you will be back. Happy schooling!! charis