Thursday, September 4, 2008

About Friends and Flowers

,
Last night i did something i don't normally do. I stood up two very good friends(Sorry, Buffie and Tonya). But before i comitted this horrendous act they gave me their blessings and assured me that we are still friends(Thanks, Buffie and Tonya). For at least two weeks we had been planning to take a certain Bible study together. Then, at the last minute, a new class was added to the roster. The name of the study is "When Wallflowers Dance" by Angela Thomas and it is one that i have been hoping for since i first heard of it. When i found the book a couple of months ago in a bookstore Jeremy bought it for me. Unfortunately, i have not had a chance to read it yet. With homeschooling and other commitments, finding time to read has become difficult. In fact, i am still in the fifth chapter of "The Creative Call". I believe these two studies are going to compliment each other so i am looking forward to getting into both. While "The Creative Call" is about realizing and developing your creativity, "When Wallfowers Dance" is about helping women overcome the hurt and disappointments of life to become the passionate women that God created us to be. He is the One who is inviting us to this dance. In the coming weeks i hope to share with you how God is guiding me through these studies and how i am becoming the creative, dancing woman God always intended me to be. I also anticipate hearing how Buffie and Tonya learn and grow in their Bible study. Thank God for good and faithful friends. Love you both!

7 comments:

galintn said...

I love you too! We'll share our Bible study and you share yours and we all get 2 for the price of one!

charis said...

AAAAWWW!! I do like the two for one idea. I'll be taking notes. Love ya! charis

elvisisdead said...

(this is shelley, btw.) That study sounds awesome! No wonder you said you'd tell me about it later. It sounds like it's just the thing for you. I think I need one that says "When to Make Yourself Stop Dancing and Be A Little Quieter." I swear I go 1,000mph. I missed the Blessings study too cause I decided to get some of my extra energy out with 10-15 happy preschoolers. I am having a blast! I love that age! I want to keep them forever and ever with those tiny helium voices! >_<

Mandy said...

Both studies sound wonderful. If my being involved with Community Bible Study doesn't work out then I'll be looking to get involved with a study at home! Keep us posted on how it goes.

charis said...

Hey Mandy. I am so excited and will definitely keep you all posted on these studies. Hope you find a study somehow and then you will have to share with us!

charis said...

Shelley, you really threw me off with the elvis thing. I'm laughing now! Girl, you just keep dancing and doing what you do. I missed you Wednesday night but it sounds like you and the kids had fun so you were blessed in different way. See, your dancing so came in handy there. Am i right?

Anonymous said...

Wow 6 comments thats alot and i know you will have more it is my pleasure to make it 7 comments