Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Pick from the Purple Box

Way down at the bottom of this blog you will find a purple box. It is my playlist. Because it is practically hidden beneath all the posts and other stuff i am afraid it is easily overlooked but that is the only place it fit. The music on my playlist varies greatly. There you will find classical, country, Christian and other types. It would be very difficult to say which is my favorite kind of music. Each selection below means something to me. That is why each week i will take a pick from the playlist and tell why i like it and what it means to me. It is my hope that you will listen along and maybe find something you enjoy. You may even find you like a style of music you never thought possible. My first pick is actually the third selection on my playlist: "When I get Where I'm Going" by Brad Paisley and Dolly Parton. Well, surely the title alone is enough to pique your interest. In this song, Paisely talks about the things he will see and do when he gets to Heaven. I cannot listen to this song with tearing up. The lyrics and the imagery are just beautiful. Then there is the part where he talks about seeing his grandaddy. This is when i start to think about my Papa. You see, Papa was a hard-working and loving man with many friends. For his family and friends, Papa would do anything. He worked in construction and used his skills to help others. He loved working with his hands. Now Papa also loved God. When Papa had his stroke and was forced to spend the last nine years of his life confined to a wheelchair and bed he loved to watch preaching on television and would sing along with the choir. In those moments when the discomfort was so great Papa would cry out to God and tell Him how ready he was to be Home. After many years of struggle he did go Home in June of 2000. Though our hearts ache from the loss we know he is in a much better place and that we will be with him again. And when i get where i'm going i will see Papa and we will walk together. I will tell him how i have missed him and then i will hug his neck. Hope you enjoy the song as much as i do.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow very good very good!

Anonymous said...

anonymous means rachael

charis said...

thank you, anonymous. i mean Rachael! Love, me(that means Mama)

Manda said...

Beautiful, Charis. One of my favorite songs too.

Anonymous said...

ok me (that means you)hee hee!love you!