Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Learning to Dance

,
It has been almost a week since i last shared and in some ways the time has flown by, while in other ways it seems to be at a standstill. Many lessons are still being learned by this student who continues to watch the dancefloor but is starting to tap her toes. The music sounds so sweet and the One inviting me to dance is so patient and loving. Mixed in with the music i hear the prayers and encouraging words of friends, now i am swaying to the rythm. From behind me, somewhere in the shadows, comes another familiar voice. It is the one that says, "You can't dance! Your legs are too weak and your feet are like clay. Come back to this wall where no one will see you, it is where you need to stay!". For a moment i stand frozen, paralyzed by the harshness of the voice and the coldness of those words. I am embarassed and feel so foolish. Then i notice others standing around me. I expect to hear jeers and see condenscention in their eyes. My eyes are on the floor. Then i hear a cheer. One voice at first and then it is joined by more voices...and they are cheering for me! "Don't listen to the lies," they say, "but look to the One who is inviting you to the dance!". It is His voice i hear as i turn as i turn to look into His eyes. There are tears in His eyes just as there are in mine. His voice is loving but firm, "Get up and dance, child, this is the song i created for you. Just take my hand and follow my lead. I love you and I want to see you dance!". At first i feel awkward and clumsy but i am strengthened by His embrace. The Lord of the dance has me in His arms and this is where i want to stay.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY! The Lord of the Dance also rejoices over you with singing(Zephaniah 3:17)

love U!

Anonymous said...

Wow moma i m glad you know why you stop dancing cuz know you can tell that you ready to break it down you are such a great mother and i do not have the words to say it even better but you do you are very god at dancing you and break the wall down now is the time you have the strenth!I can not wait till i see you dance again i love you you are the mother i want to stick with! BREAK DOWN THAT WALL!

Kathy said...

Isn't it so much more comfortable looking around and seeing that you are not alone. We feel so much more normal when we acknowledge our "stuff" and see that there are others just like us out there. I am so proud of you for reaching out, for finding yourself surrounded by loving people, and for being bold and courageous enough to fall into the arms of our Lord. He delights in you!!!!
Psalm 37:23.." If the Lord delights in mans ways, He makes his steps firm" Continue to dance with the One that can make your steps firm!!!

Christy said...

That is such a beautiful picture. I love it. You are doing great!
Love,
Christy

charis said...

Anonymous, i'm still not sure who you are but i do love you too!! Rachel, you know i love you. You make me so proud. Kathy, thanks for being there and encouraging me in so many ways. You have been such a good friend to me, love you! Christy, thank you. I think you are the one who got me blogging in the first place, so thanks again! Love,charis